- Canada Lotto 649
How to Play Canada Lotto 649, Info, Rules, Guides
Lotto 6/49 draws are held every Wednesday and Saturday, shortly after ticket sales close at 21.00 EST.
Ticket sales close at 21.00 EST on the evening of the draw and re-open later that evening. Players buying their Lotto 6/49 tickets through a concierge service should be aware that the cut-off time for purchasing entries may be set a few hours before the close of sales in Canada.
The Lotto 6/49 jackpot starts at $5 million and continues to grow. Each Lotto 6/49 draw has a second draw with a GUARANTEED $1 Million Prize. You are automatically entered in the GUARANTEED $1 Million Prize draw when you purchase a Lotto 6/49 ticket. The winning Selection is drawn at random from all the GUARANTEED Prize Draw Selections issued for that draw. If your 10-digit Selection matches exactly then you are our next millionaire!
For each $3 play, you will receive six numbers from 1 to 49. With Lotto 6/49 you can Choose Numbers or for an easier way to play try Quick Pick. You can choose to add a BC/49 ticket to your purchase and play the same numbers. To bundle Lotto 6/49 with other favourite lottery games, try a Quick Pick Package.
How to play Canada Lotto 6/49
1. Choose up to 10 Selections using the drop-down.
2. Select the Quick Pick button.
3. Add up to 10 Extras using the drop-down.
4. Select the number of draws you wish to purchase. You may purchase for a single draw or for multiple draws.
5. Select the Purchase button to confirm and you'll see your tickets with numbers.
How to Choose Canada Lotto 6/49 Numbers
1. Choose up to 10 Selections using the drop-down.
2. Select the Choose Numbers button.
3. Use the number board to select your own numbers. If you have more than one Selection, the number board will automatically close for the completed Selection and move to the next one. You can also choose the Auto Pick button and the number board will populate with six random numbers.
4. Select "Same numbers for BC/49" if you are interested.
5. Add up to 10 Extras using the drop-down.
6. Select the number of draws you wish to purchase. You may purchase for a single draw or for multiple draws.
7. Select the Purchase button to confirm and you'll see your tickets with numbers.
Check the Canada Lotto 6/49 Numbers
The winning numbers of Canada Lotto 6/49 can be found on the results page immediately after the draw, where you will also find all odds. If you win at Canada Lotto it will appear on your page inside your account and you will also be contacted by mail or phone.
Canada Lotto 6/49 has an impressive jackpot and offers great secondary prices. Put your lines on the Canada Lotto now, you can change your life forever!
How to win Canada Lotto 6/49
Odd and even
It is recommended that you evenly distribute numbers between odd and even numbers. Rarely will see all odd or even numbers. That only happens about 1% of the time, so it's obvious that you have 99% of the time lost. The more you balance the odd and even numbers, the better your chances of winning.
Lottery consultants recommend mixing in 3/4 or 4/3 ratios, as one of these models is expected to occur in approximately 60% of the draws.
High and low numbers
You can expect to see the winning numbers distributed throughout the number field. Canadian lottery odds range from 1 – 49. Some successful players will choose their own number based on the following understanding: If the number field is cut in half, there will be a lower half and a higher half (for example, in Canadian lotto, the number 1 – 25 is the lower half) , numbers 26 – 49 are the upper half). Similar to the odds of odds, the choice of high and low numbers should be balanced. Again, the best combination is 3/4 or 4/3 (3 high numbers and 4 low numbers or opposite numbers). Approximately 56% of all graphics produce this type of pattern.
You can determine the number of possible winners by studying past successes. It is often the case that one or more numeric groups are not displayed. By tracking a group of numbers, you can zero out the groups you want to ignore and the groups that you should concentrate on.
Choose your number and add them together. The sum of the numbers you choose should be between 117 and 210. More than 70% of the Canadian 6/49 lottery awards add up to this range.
Another mode shows that lottery numbers are often repeated between games. In more than 59% of the time, one of the lottery numbers in the last lottery will be repeated in the next lottery. Consider choosing one of the previous winning numbers.
A large part of the lottery winners are involved in the lottery pool. The lottery pool is jointly raised by a group of people and selects numbers. Although the skill of number selection is the same as the skill of a single player, playing in the pool can give you a bigger budget because all participants are sharing the ticket fee. This way, you can buy more lottery tickets, although you must split the lottery, but you are more likely to win prizes or even jackpots.
Many people are using the lottery roulette system, which gives you the option to bet a lot of numbers. You can then play the scientific combination of the group to get a specific minimum winning guarantee. All winning numbers in your group will be combined, so if you have a winning number in the group you choose, you will receive at least one prize.
Canada Lotto 6/49 History
Lotto 6/49 is Canada's oldest and most popular lottery, but only switched to its current format in September 2013. Ticket prices increased from CA$2 to CA$3 per line, but at the same time, the minimum jackpot grew from CA$3-3.5 million to CA$5 million, with an extra CA$1 million guaranteed raffle in each of the fortnightly lottery draws. The new rules also brought in the award of a free play for matching two main numbers, and if this is counted as a win, the overall odds are now just 1 in 6.6 instead of the previous 1 in 32.3.
Canada Lotto 6/49 Payment Options
Smaller prizes can be claimed at retailers, some casinos, lottery prize centres and by mail. This includes sums up to CA$50 and, at the retailer's discretion, anything up to CA$999.90. Prizes over CA$1,000 can be claimed by mail or at casinos and prize centres; over CA$10,000 at prize centres or by mail only; and over CA$250,000, only in person at the prize centre. For international players who are not in Canada or the US, it is possible to request that a prize cheque be sent out in the post - this is at the player's own risk, with no guarantee of delivery or timeliness. Winners of prizes over CA$10,000 are also required to take part in certain publicity, including being listed on the lottery's website in a news release and other such materials.
Canada Lotto 6/49 Tax
Generally, winnings on Lotto 6/49 are tax-free, but players from outside Canada are advised to check with their local tax authority to find out more about their tax responsibilities if they do win a larger prize.
Canada Lotto 649 Prize and Odds
Odds of winning any prize are approximately 1 in 6.6.
|6||79.5% of Pools Fund||1 in 13,983,816|
|5 + Bonus||6% of Pools Fund||1 in 2,330,636|
|5||5% of Pools Fund||1 in 55,492|
|4||9.5% of Pools Fund||1 in 1,033|
|3||$10 Prize||1 in 56.7|
|2 + Bonus||$5 Prize||1 in 81.2|
|2||Free Ticket||1 in 8.3|
Odds of winning any prize per $1 Extra play are 1 in 6.5
|Match||Win||Chances to Win Per Selection|
● 47% of Lotto 6/49 sales are dedicated to the Main Prize Fund
● 2/6, 2/6+ and 3/6 are paid from the Main Prize Fund and the remaining comprises the Pool’s Fund
● Share of the Pool means the total prize amount allocated to any specific prize category is shared by the number of winning Selections.
● Another 7% of ticket sales will be used to secure sweepstakes funds and other special draws. The chances of winning the draw are determined by the number of lottery tickets sold. One ticket holder in each lottery will win $1 million, and each lottery has an equal chance to win the prize.
● The prize for the two draws must be collected within 12 months of the draw.