- Greece Lotto
How to Play Greece Lotto, Info, Rules, Guides
LOTTO (Greece lotto) is a numerical lottery game of chance. It requires the exact match of six (6) numbers (main numbers) drawn out of a series of forty nine (49) numbers ranging from 1 to 49, as well as a bonus number (seventh) which is drawn last, out of the remaining numbers in the 49-number series, which is required forthe second prize category, namely the new 5+1 category. Players can participate by marking single columns or using systems (full, standardised or combined).
Launch Date: December 5, 1990
Modification Date: January 26, 2009
How much does it cost?
The amount per column, which consists of six (6) marked numbers for one draw, is € 0.50. Minimum participation is one (1) column perTicket.
Where can I play?
Valid tickets are sold exclusively in OPAP S.A. agencies.
End of participation
Entries stop at approximately half an hour before the designated draw time.
Greece Lotto Draws
LOTTO draws take place on Wednesday andSaturday eveningson 22:00 and are broadcasted live by ΕΡΤ2 television channel. The winning numbers and distribution results are published on the website of OPAP S.A. just a few minutes after the completion of the draw. The results are also broadcasted in the agencies using the HORIZON system and can be obtained by placing a call to 14944 (OTE) .
How to Play Greece Lotto
The playslip's data is transmitted to OPAP central data-processing centre via terminals, located at the company's retail shops. In particular, to participate in the draws of the game LOTTO, the procedure consists of the following steps:
STEP 1: Filling in the Playslip
As applied today (or described in the brochure), the options for filling in a playslip are as follows:
- Single Columns
- Full Systems (Full Development Systems)
- Standard Systems (Limited Development Systems)
- Permutations Systems
- Lucky Dip
- Consecutive / Future Draws
STEP 2: Handing over the Completed Playslip and Checking the Participation Receipt
You hand over the completed playslip to OPAP agent and, as soon as it is validated via the terminal, a receipt is printed out, as proof of your participation. Upon receipt of this Participation Receipt, you should check that it is valid and contains all the data corresponding to the specific participation. It is the player's responsibility to crosscheck his/her selections with the ones printed on the receipt, to make sure they coincide. In case there are any differences between the playslip and the receipt, you need to inform the agent.
In case of participation in the game PROTO, you should receive 2 Participation Receipts, one for each kind of game.
STEP 3: Checking out the Playslip for Winnings
Upon completion of LOTTO draw, you compare the winning column with your predictions, to check out if you are the holder of a winning playslip. It would be convenient for you to use the special "Ticket Checkers" installed in every OPAP retail shop or you could always ask an OPAP agent for assistance. Checking out the playslip can also be accomplished by entering OPAP website and selecting the indication "Find Winnings".
You can either use the company's application "Find winnings based on ticket prognostics", where you enter your own predictions, or the application "Check Winnings", where you enter the data of your Participation Receipt, or even select the option "Autonomous Sorting Program", which is provided free of charge on our website.
LOTTO winnings: for the winnings of the 1st prize tier you can either be informed through official announcements or at any OPAP agency, whereas for the winnings of the rest of prize tiers of LOTTO you can be directly informed using the corresponding table at the back side of the playslip. On this side of the playslip, you can also find the Table of Successes for Full Development Systems, which you can use to calculate the number of successes, depending on the numbers you have selected in total.
STEP 4: Redeem Winnings
Winnings redeeming takes place upon production of the Participation Receipt to the authorized OPAP S.A. retail shops (agencies). Winnings pay out, depending on the limit defined by OPAP S.A., takes place either at the retail shop, where a payment receipt is also printed out, or at a cooperating bank upon production of a payment request printed out of the retailer's terminal.
The proportional tax is directly withheld by OPAP S.A. upon payment of winnings, in accordance with the applicable law.
Greece Lotto History
Lotteries made their first appearance in the Middle Ages, but LOTTO itselfappears for the first time in Italy in mid 1700 AD, under the name of "LOTTO DI GENOVA" with an initial combination of numbers ranging from "5 to 90".
In the next 100 years LOTTO spreads in Germany where it becomes very popular. LOTTO in its current form was established in Germany in 1955 and then spread all over the world in many varied forms.
LOTTO became very popular in the countries where it was played and the reason for that is the appeal of a large prize, combined to a relatively low participation cost, depending on the player's financial situation and wish.
In Greece, LOTTO was launched in December 5, 1990, and the column price then was 30 drachmas. From October 26, 1994 up until January 25, 2009, the price per column was € 0.15 and from January 26, 2009, the price per column was established at € 0.50.
In November 12, 1997, LOTTO was modified and renamed NEO LOTTO, and a new prize category was established (triples) as well as a new lowest prize of 100 drachmas (€ 0.30) for the winners of all prize categories.
In January 26, 2009, a new prize category (5+1), fixed prizes per winning ticket (for the 5+1, 5,4,3 prize categories) and the limit of minimal participation were introduced and the lowest prize of 100 drachmas (€ 0.30) for winners in all prize categories was abolished. Furthermore, today, the new redesigned play slip is in place offering players more options and the possibility to participate in consecutive and future draws.
General participation terms
· Participation in draws/competitions takes place with the sole responsibility of participants and implies the full, absolute and unreserved acceptance of all relevant provisions of law in force as well as of the terms and conditions as they are defined every time by OPAP S.A.
· Play slips are used only for the processing of players/participants' selections by the Central Processing Information System and do not constitute evidence of an Entry.A valid entry Ticket is issued only by the specific terminals when the appropriate amount due is paid.
· Upon receipt of the Ticket the participant must check its validity and that it contains all the selections entered on the specific play slip.
· OPAP S.A. is not responsible if, for any reason, elements of a Ticket are not entered in the Central Processing System or if those have not been safeguarded according to the provisions of law in force. In that case, the owner of the ticket is not entitled to any prize money or compensation.
· The participant has the right to ask for the cancellation of his participation and the refund of the value of the Ticket only when this is permitted according to the terms and conditions as defined by OPAP S.A.
• The bearer of the ticket shall keep the details of the ticket confidential and not reveal them to any third party.
• OPAP S.A. bears no responsibility for any damage caused by the notification of the details of the player’s ticket to third parties.
· Within a period of six (6) days from the completion of the draw of the winning numbers, any interested party may submit an objection to OPAP S.A. if the Central Processing System does not recognize the winnings that result from the specific Ticket.
Greece Lotto Prizes and Odds
There are five (5) prize categories. Every winning ticket, according to the predictions included, belongs to only one prize category:
a) Winning tickets matching all six (6) main numbers (6er) belong in the first prize category (I)
b) Winning tickets matching five (5) out of the six (6) main numbers and the bonus (seventh) number (5+1) belong in the second prize category (II).
c) Winning tickets matching five (5) out of the six (6) main numbers (5er) belong in the third prize category (III)
d) Winning tickets matching four (4) out of the six (6) main numbers (a quadruple) belong in the fourth prize category (IV)
e) Winning tickets matching three (3) out of the six (6) main numbers drawn (a triple) belong in the fifth prize category (V).
Fund Distribution and Earnings per Winning Ticket
The total amount distributed as earnings in first prize category (I) is 20,37% of the gross pool fund of each draw, equally divided among the winning tickets of this category. The amounts paid as winnings per ticket in the other four (4) categories are fixed and stand as follows:
a) For every winning ticket in the second prize category (II) the amount payable are fifty thousand euros (€ 50,000).
b) For every winning ticket in the third prize category (III) the amount payable are one thousand five hundred euros (€ 1.500).
c) For every winning ticket in the fourth prize category (VI) the amount payable are thirty euros (€ 30).
d) For every winning ticket in the fifth prize category (V) the amount payable is one euro and fifty cents (€ 1.5).
Greece Lotto Jackpot
When there are no winning tickets in the first prize category (I), then the amount corresponding to this prize category is not distributed and there is a rollover to the next draw at which time it is added to the amount distributed in the same prize category (JACK POT).
· Prizes are payable to the holder of a winning ticket. In case of loss of a winning ticket the player is not entitled to prize money or other form of compensation.
· Prizes are paid either by authorized OPAP S.A. retailers, or by authorized Banks following the procedures established by OPAP S.A.
· Upon prize payment, the corresponding taxes are withheld by OPAP S.A. according to the provisions of law in force.
· After a period of three (3) months from the draw of the winning column any prize claim is void.
· Tickets who are destroyed or altered or in any other case cannot be validated and retrieved from the Central Processing System are not valid and are not entitled to any prizes or any other claim for compensation by OPAP S.A.
· OPAP S.A can issue a winnings receipt following the submission of a request.